Wednesday, September 9, 2009

a dream of Jeff

This may be a little more personal than I would normally post, but all of your stories have been so touching... and this dream was so beautiful I think it will help to share.

This past 11 months has brought some of the highest and lowest point of my life- my wedding, the unexpected death of my sister, my pregnancy, and now the death of my dear friend Jeff. Since my sister Alissa left us, I have often hoped for a dream in which I could connect with her. She has not yet been ready to see me, and I will wait for the time to come.

Monday night, I feel blessed to have been with Jeff. In my dream I was told that I could go see Jeff for a moment. I had many obstacles to overcome before I was able to find him, though now I can't recall what they all were. When I finally reached him, we sat in a dark and cozy little room together, talking and laughing. I told him about my job, the baby- things I had not yet had a chance to tell him about in life. I asked him questions about the day he left us, and he told me about how he had felt up on that rock. I told him I loved him, that I felt like I knew him forever, that he was a true, beautiful friend. I wanted to make sure he knew, but he told me he already did. Then it was time for him to leave me. We stood and hugged, and suddenly I was outside and he was the wind blowing through the trees.

I woke from the dream and began to sob, thankful for that moment with him, and for the beauty of that last image of Jeff becoming the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment