Wednesday, September 9, 2009

In Memory

I worked with Jeff on the Tuolumne River doing various surveys and it didn't take long to realize that he was one of those rare people who brought positve energy into every situation. When I heard of Jeff's accident, I was preparing for some work down in Poopenaut Valley... the very place I worked with Jeff just weeks ago. All day my thoughts of Jeff reminded me of the vast knowledge he had across so many disciplines, his love of life, and his bubbling, contagious, enthusiastic, positive personality.

On the hike up the hill out of Poopenaut, I felt the occaisional breeze of air move past me. I know it was Jeff passing me just like he did on every other hike we shared. What Jeff did for all living creatures, the work he started, and all who know him will agree that he will never be far from us.

Soar on Jeff. I will remember you on the wing beat of the bird, the buzz of the bee, the plop of the frog onto the water, the dancing figures on a Strawberry night and so many other memories.

Peace Brother,

Mike Horvath

No comments:

Post a Comment