Saturday, September 5, 2009

Inauguration


I met Jeff in the summer of 2003, when he inaugurated the first honey harvest at Sunwise co-op. We were novices and had heard of the bee expert at N street. We invited Jeff over to kick off our first honey harvest with the one and a half honey boxes we'd wheedled out of our brand new bees. Jeff came over with four boxes brimming with honey and good cheer and taught us right away what a proper harvest party was all about. I thought of him as an inspirational bee-keeper before I got to know him as a person - gentle, sincere, humble and warm. He shared his knowledge as freely as the warm honey and made us all feel like we were on the right track. I always felt very comfortable in his presence - he was truly special. I will miss him very much.
- Aarti
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment