Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Goza la Vida


I'm still in shock. I couldn't sleep last night, I just kept waking up thinking about Jeff, wondering if I was just dreaming it. This morning I came into work early and found some pictures from my 30th birthday party in Tuolumne that Jeff helped us organize. That was such an awesome time. I can't believe so many people came, and all the time Jeff took off to hang out with all of us. I remember swimming at Budd Lake, and then diving into the amazing river scene, with all those beautiful cascading falls. That place was magical. I met Jeff when I first came to Davis in 2004, when I moved into Becca's house at N Street. I remember he was so enthusiastic when I first met him, I thought he was trying to make moves on me so I avoided him for months! I think finally one day we were both at the little pond in the back and just started talking. I remember being so impressed with how down to earth he was and how simply but fully he was living, even in Davis. We became fast friends. When he decided to move to Yosemite I was super bummed, but it just seemed right for him -- he belonged in the wilderness. I remember laughing so hard with Jeff we would start crying. I remember his passion for life, for living creatures, for the mountains and the wild. I remember he made this batch of olives one time at a meal and he was so excited about them, and they were so horrible, tasting like lime, but I was still so impressed that he had made them, I ate them anyway. I remember wanting to learn about beekeeping from him. He is an inspiration on how to live life for anyone -- one of his last emails to me said this, "cuidate, y goza la vida!" -- take care and enjoy life! I am trying not to regret not seeing him enough. I love you so much Jeff and miss you terribly. Thanks Pete for organizing this forum for us to share.
Love,
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment